AXForum  
Вернуться   AXForum > Microsoft Dynamics AX > DAX Blogs
All
Забыли пароль?
Зарегистрироваться Правила Справка Пользователи Сообщения за день Поиск Все разделы прочитаны

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 23.12.2019, 10:11   #1  
Blog bot
Участник

25,459 / 846 (79) +++++++
Sumit Potbhare: Modern POS Offline Capabilities | D365 for Retail
Источник: https://sumitnarayanpotbhare.wordpre...65-for-retail/
==============

Hi Guys, This is in continuation of my earlier blog on Modern POS installation. You may already know that in order to use POS in Offline mode, we have to go for Modern POS instead of Cloud POS.

I would like to give you a brief walk-through on the installation and configuration process of Modern POS with Offline capabilities.

Follow the steps

1. Connect to D365 F&O and navigate to POS registers.

2. Select the Support Offline checkbox. This will automatically create a channel database record and get assigned against the POS register. For this illustration, we are going to use HOUSTON-12 POS register.

3. This will automatically create a new record in the Channel database.

4. At this point, you can either run full sync for this Channel database or wait to install and activate the Modern POS. Please note, at this stage the data packets will be in available status in the Download status.

5. Navigate to Retail >  Channel setup > POS setup > Devices. Create a new device for Houston-12 and download the Modern POS installer. Click on Download> Retail Modern POS.

Please note: You must enable Support Offline (on POS register) and then download the installer. This will download the Modern POS installer having Offline capabilities.

6. After the download, run the installer.

7. Installed the supported version of SQL.

8. Restart the machine after SQL installation. Start the Modern POS installer again and click Next.

Follow my previous blog to activate Modern POS.

Once you activate the Modern POS, you may now run the scheduler jobs. The data package details of the scheduler jobs can be seen directly from the Database connection status screen in Modern POS.

Once the connection between Modern POS and channel database breaks, the Modern POS switches to Offline DB to continue transactions.

The cross circle at the top clearly shows the Modern POS is disconnected from the Retail server and is now connected to Offline DB. This switching from Online to Offline during transaction has been improved a lot from the previous version and seems to be very smooth.

The auto-switching to Online mode, is by far the best thing about the Modern POS offline capability. The transition is so quick that the cashier won’t even realize the Modern POS has switched back to Online mode, once the connection to the Retail server is restored. This was a much-needed requirement since ePOS days. I am definitely sure that the customers, upgrading from ePOS to Modern POS would be very much excited. 

There are a couple of new offline configurations added to D365 Retail that can help you utilize the Offline capability in a better way. I will try to explain a few of them here.

• Reconnect attempt interval (min): Once the Modern POS is offline, it continuously checks for the connection to restore in the interval defined here. Please note that this does not auto-switch the Modern POS to online mode when in an idle state. This auto-switch happens when you are doing some transactions or any other function.
  • Offline upload transaction size: As the name suggests, it is pretty much clear what it does. It limits the upload of transaction data packets from Offline DB to Online. This might be useful when you have lower bandwidth.
  • Prompt on seamless offline: When enabled it prompts the cashier to switch to Offline or reconnect. In other words, it disabled the auto-switching of Online to Offline when you lose connection to Retail Server.

• Retry count to offline: I was not able to explore it properly but I think it may be the same setup that we use to have in ePOS. Refer ePOS Performance | Switch speed from Online to Offline mode.
  • Allow manual switch to offline before sign in: This is the option provided to enable the Work offline button at the sign-in page.

• Enable advance offline switching: The behavior of this setup is similar to prompt on seamless offline. However, I was not able to identify the difference. I guess this might be used to switch to Offline in case of improper Online connectivity. But if you find the difference do message on this post.
  • System health check interval (mins): Again this behaves similar to the Reconnect attempt interval (min). But do message me in case you find any difference.
  • Pause offline synchronization: As the name suggests, this pauses the offline synchronization.
I hope this blog helps you in some or the other way in this Retail Journey.

Feel free to reach out for any clarifications. If you like my blog posts then comment and subscribe to the blogs.

Please follow me on Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Skype (sumit0417)

Enjoy RetailDAXing.

Disclaimer: The information in the weblog is provided “AS IS”; with no warranties, and confers no rights. All blog entries and editorial comments are the opinions of the author.

Источник: https://sumitnarayanpotbhare.wordpre...65-for-retail/